Onderwerp:

Op Zoek: helpen om mijn overleden grootvader te er 7 jaren 1 maand geleden #62212

• MelodyRae
  • MelodyRae's Profielfoto Onderwerp Auteur
  • Ontvangen bedankjes 0
I hope it is ok if I type in English. While I can speak good Nederlands, I am very self-conscious about spelling and grammar.

My Grandfather Hal Cutlip (who raised me after the passing of my parents) would have been 82 this February 28th. I miss him dearly and wanted to do something to honor him. As a photographer, I thought it would be very cathartic to do some portraits of bonsai's because he was a long time enthusiast since he learned the art in Okinawa as a teenager. It never occurred to me growing up that the beautiful pines in our yard were imported from Japan also.

Is there anyone in this group that lives in or near Noord-Holland and would be willing/able very soon to allow me to photograph a few of their bonsais'? I would be most grateful!

Just a little more info: He won many competitions in America after retiring from 30 years of service running a hospital. (before that he was a purple heart general that received some of the highest honors in the US and also the memorable drill sergeant of the Actor Harvey Keitel whom he says taught him "That is probably the most important philosophical question to ask oneself. What is the darkness? How do I learn to live with it? I heard that when I was 17 years old, and I never forgot that he said it. And it appealed to me. I wanted to learn to live with the darkness.") He left behind his wife, 7 children, 28 grand children and 6 great grand children. You can see page 18 here: www.mhsfi.org/sites/default/files/upload...2009reportfinal1.pdf

Thank you thank you for taking the time to read and consider this!

Dit bericht bevat een afbeelding als bijlage.

Gelieve Inloggen of een account aanmaken om deel te nemen aan het gesprek.

Op Zoek: helpen om mijn overleden grootvader te er 7 jaren 1 maand geleden #62213

• cetinel
  • cetinel's Profielfoto
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Ontvangen bedankjes 118
Sorry for you're loss, may he rest in peace.
I hope you find someone who can help you out.
De volgende gebruiker (s) zei dank u: MelodyRae

Op Zoek: helpen om mijn overleden grootvader te er 7 jaren 1 maand geleden #62239

• MelodyRae
  • MelodyRae's Profielfoto Onderwerp Auteur
  • Ontvangen bedankjes 0
Thank you! I sadly can't bring over any of his many bonsais from the garden but my grandmother is saving some of his favorite pots for me. I already killed a 15 year old Arbicola within a few months of moving climates in the US, but may be up for trying again here soon!

Op Zoek: helpen om mijn overleden grootvader te er 7 jaren 1 maand geleden #62246

• dennisfranx
  • dennisfranx's Profielfoto
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Ontvangen bedankjes 939
Im sorry for your loss too
Realy cool you are doing this tough sounds like he was a great person !

I do live in noord holland but i Realy dont have anything bonsai worthy yet im practicing bonsai for about a year now

Op Zoek: helpen om mijn overleden grootvader te er 7 jaren 1 maand geleden #62268

• Auk
  • Auk's Profielfoto
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Ontvangen bedankjes 247

MelodyRae schreef : Is there anyone in this group that lives in or near Noord-Holland and would be willing/able very soon to allow me to photograph a few of their bonsais'? I would be most grateful!

I live in Hoofddorp. You'll have to wait till spring though if you want good photos.
You can contact me via PM.

• Pagina:
Inloggen Registreren